For the purposes of this Policy, “Devotus technologies”, "we", "us", “Company” and "our" means Devotus technologies Private Limited and its mobile application. Website and Portals
As a leader in the field of education technology, and a leader for basic and further technical training and education, we process data relating to our customers, business partners and other stakeholders on a daily basis. In doing so, we comply with all national and international data protection regulations.
1. Which data and data sources we obtain from you?
Person data: We obtain following when you download and register for the Application or Services or products.
• Personal details (name, email address, telephone number and other contact information)
• Data arising from the fulfilment of our contractual obligations
• Transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us;
• Information you provide us when you contact us for help;
• Information you enter into our system when using the Application/Services/products, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests.
The above data provided by the users could be categorized as “Personal Information”, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information”. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as 'Information' in this Policy. We may use the Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required newsletters, events notices and marketing promotions.
Newsletters and events
In the course of sending out our newsletters, we process personal data (such as email addresses and passwords). We also track your clicks within the newsletter. We use this information in order to be able to provide content which is better matched to your interests. By signing up for our newsletter, you grant your consent for us to process your data in this way. Every newsletter contains a link which you can use to unsubscribe from future newsletters. By registering for an event, you are expressly agreeing to our use of your data strictly for the purposes of registration and automated administration in relation to the event, and for us to forward your data to subcontractors for this purpose, if applicable.
When you access one of our Internet pages or Application or Services or products, our system collects a range of general data and information about you.
The data collected includes, for example:
• Information on the user's browser type and version
• The user's operating system
• The user's Internet service provider
• The user's IP address
• The date and time of access
• Websites from which the user's system accessed our Internet page
• Websites accessed by the user's system from our website.
Log files are used to store IP addresses and other data that can be traced back to a specific user. This data is not stored together with other personal data relating to the user.
Our system needs to store IP addresses to ensure that the website can be served to the user's computer with full functionality. The data is also used to optimise the website and to ensure that our information systems are secure (purpose of data processing).
In line with the applicable national and international l law, these interests are classed as legitimate interests in data processing for Devotus technologies.
These cookies also access IT data such as your IP address(es) and various identifiable features of your devices.
2. Use of your Personal data
• For providing and improving the Service.
• For conduct research, to administer the Application/Services and products
• To gather demographic information and usage behaviour about our user base as a whole
• To contact you.
• Location Information may use and store information about your general location depending on the permissions you have set on your device. We use this information to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your mobile device settings.
• We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We do not sell, trade or share your Information to any third party (except subsidiaries/affiliates of the Company for related offerings) unless, we have been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so.
3. Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service. We may also disclose Information for the following legitimate reason:
• Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
• Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Devotus technologies, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services
• with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this Policy;
• To protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Application/Website/Portals of Devotus technologies Private limited or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
4. How do we use 'cookies'?
• Help us remember and process the items that you are looking for;
• Understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in future.
• Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
You can choose to direct your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can turn off all cookies through your browser settings. Each browser is different, so refer your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies you can still visit our site but some features will be disabled. This could affect your site experience and efficiency, and some of our services will not function as desired.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this Information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application/Services/products/Website. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
6. How Long Do We Retain User Data?
We retain personal data during any period in which you have expressed an interest in our products and services, for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
7. How do we obtain your consent when you visit our Internet pages?
When you use our Internet pages or Application or Services or products, you agree to our general data protection policy and grant your consent for your data to be used as described in this statement.
We may amend or supplement our data protection statement at any time. The most recently published version of our data protection statement applies.
8. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
9. Who is responsible for processing my data and who can I contact if I have any questions and/or wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject?
The responsible body is:
Devotus technologies Private Limited
You shall, at any time while using the Application/Services/products, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to us to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Such withdrawal of the consent is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In such event, however, the Company fully reserves the right not to allow further usage of the Application or provide any Services/products thereunder to you.